Wednesday 16 December 2009

On reflection ....

I probably should not be surprised to have had this problem having disregarded the two of the main safety caveats from page 3E of the Rider Safety Check section of the owners manual:

- Never use off-road. Use only on smooth surfaces.

- Do not ride on highways, in traffic, or on unsafe streets.


Perhaps the real lesson here is to always read the small print.

Given that our only access to a road is along about 100m of track I probably should not have bought it.


On the other hand, if you take these safety instructions literally, then ... um excuse me but exactly where can you ride it?

Put it on a bike rack and drive everyone to the park for a nice little ride round I suppose.




Kind of defeats the object of having it really.

I think I'll just go and tidy up the mess left by that Chocolate Fireguard we got the other day ...

1 comment:

  1. Andy, Thanks for posting this. A good review of the problem and a good solution too. I'm happy using threaded bar and even have some builder's band in stock, but I'm not sure I want to make myself another job at the moment, especially as we already have a "half bike" that we use for longer rides. Thanks for the thorough write-up.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete